Office & Retail Space
The Gladstone Building is located on 9th Street, between Broadway and Washington Streets.
Total Square Footage: 10,459
Number of Suies: Four suites on the second floor and two retail spaces on the ground floor.
The Gladstone Building maintains its historical look while providing updated individual suites for non-profit organizations, attorneys and high tech firms. Each suite is unique with exposed brick, high ceilings and great natural light.
The retail level will soon be home to Chef Edward Higgins new Italian cuisine, Restaurant Baia, scheduled to open in the fall of 2011.
- 24-hour security
- Upgraded infrastructure – Earthquake retrofitted, façade retrofits to maintain original architecture
- Ambassador Service
- On-site attended parking lot and secure garage
- On-site property management
- Online work order system
- Lighted tree-lined streets surrounding property
- On-site free conference room for tenant use
- Club One Fitness Membership monthly discount
The Gladstone was originally referred to as the Wilcox Annex, because of their similar window and entablature treatments. In 1874 Captain P.S. Wilcox sold The Wilcox and The Annex to Michael Reese for $45,000. At first a hotel occupied the second floor of The Gladstone, and the Oakland Ice Depot (an ice cream parlor and restaurant), a butcher’s, and a cigar and tobacco stand called The Arcade were the street-level shops.