Office and Retail Space
Delger Block is located Broadway between 9th and 10th Streets.
Total Square Footage: 35,948
Number of Suites: One large office on the second floor, one large retail store and potential for a large garden level retail space.
The Delger Block House has truly one-of-a-kind space with easy parking access, accessibility and full window frontage on Broadway, brick, high ceilings and great natural light.
Office space in this building is perfect for health care companies or any company or organization looking for non-traditional, yet high-end professional office.
The retail level is currently home to chain retailer, Smart and Final while the entire 2nd floor is leased to Kaiser Permanente.
- 24-hour security
- Upgraded infrastructure – Earthquake retrofitted, façade retrofits to maintain original architecture
- Ambassador Service
- On-site attended parking lot and secure garage
- On-site property management
- Online work order system
- Lighted tree-lined streets surrounding property
- On-site free conference room for tenant use
- Club One Fitness Membership monthly discount
The 1880-81 structure housed the Bowman Drug Co., a pioneering apothecary firm. Bowman had been in business in California since 1852. In 1886 his store was called “one of the finest in the City.” Millinery and cigar stores filled out the street shops. Law offices filled the upstairs, colorfully recalled by Edward Rayner in 1954: “in the ‘80s, as a small boy, I was employed as “office boy” in the office of George E. DeGolia, one of the leading attorneys of that time. The office was located on the northwest corner of Ninth and Broadway in the Delger building, one of three duplicate buildings, each of a full block, on the west side of Broadway, and known in those days as the “Lawyer’s Block.” The George DeGolia Law Offices boasted the most comprehensive law library in the West, and the street front shop was occupied by Hardy’s, the first major bookstore in northern California.
The basement-level saloon, The Montana, was a popular hangout in the late 1800s, and the “skylights” beneath your feet along Ninth Street were its primary source of natural light. Work crews clearing out the saloon area during renovation discovered four poles believed to have been the supports of a boxing ring located in The Montana.